Form No. 31 for Report on Tax Clearance Certificate. Form No. 31 is given by Chartered Accountant in form No. 31 on tax clearance certificate
(1) An undertaking to be furnished to the prescribed authority by a person not domiciled in India from the persons referred to in clause (i) or clause (ii), as the case may be, shall be in Form No. 30A.
(2) A no-objection certificate to be issued by the prescribed authority under sub-section (1) of section 230 shall be in Form No. 30B and shall be valid for the period mentioned therein.
(3) The information to be furnished by a person domiciled in India shall be in Form No. 30C.
(4) An application under the first proviso to sub-section (1A) of section 230 may be made in Form No. 31.
(5) A tax clearance certificate issued under the first proviso to sub-section (1A) of section 230 shall be in Form No. 33 and shall be valid for the period mentioned therein.
(6) A copy of the undertaking referred to in sub-rule (1) and the no-objection certificate referred to in sub-rule (2) shall be forwarded to the Chief Commissioner or Director General, as the case may be, having jurisdiction over the persons referred to in clause (i) or clause (ii) of sub-section (1) of section 230.]
FORM NO. 31
[See rule 43]
Application for a certificate under the first proviso to
sub-section (1A) of section 230 of the
Income-tax Act, 1961
The Assessing Officer,
I request that Tax Clearance Certificate be granted to me. I give below the necessary particulars:
Full name of the applicant (in block letters)
Permanent Account Number
Name of father (or husband)
Domicile and nationality
Nature of business or profession etc. in India
Whether exemption is claimed under any section of Act ? If so, which ?
Place(s) at which the business or profession is/was carried on
Date of arrival in India (when were the previous visits made and what were the periods of stay in each case)
Destination of journey
Probable date of departure
Mode of travel (by Air/Sea/Land)
Date of intended return, if any.
Passport No./Emergency Certificate No.
(a) issued on (date)
(b) From (place and country)
I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information furnished in the application is correct and truly stated.