New procedure for Individual PAN Transfer requests, transferor/source officers (AO/Range/CIT) have to take a decision on system either to allow and confirm the request, originating from transferee/destination Assessing Officers or to reject the request.
Stopping Auto Route of Individual Pan Transfer
1. Auto route of Individual PAN Transfer was provided for. Under Auto PAN Transfer route, the system presumes a “no objection” from transferor officer and the PAN transfer request gets automatically executed after 10 days, transferring the PAN to destination officer.
2. The Auto route facility of Individual PAN Transfers, though provided with good intention to help field offices, has been noticed to have been misused, resulting into refund frauds.
3. It has therefore been decided to withdraw the facility of Auto PAN Transfer. Henceforth for Individual PAN Transfer requests, transferor officers have to take a decision on system either to allow and confirm the request, originating from destination Officers or to reject the request.
4. The withdrawal of Auto PAN Transfer facility in Individual cases is with concurrence of Member (L&C).
5. In order to have control over pending request for Individual PAN transfers, MIS reports has been provided for status of PAN transfer available for viewing/printing to AO/Range incharge/Concerned CIT and AIS Admin at RCC, which can be accessed through the link AIS->Queries->PAN Transfer MIS and AIS->Reports->PAN Transfer MIS Reports
6. In case of any clarification or assistance on the subject matter, RCCs may please contact Sh. Ravi Dutt Sharma, Assistant Director (Systems) on Tel No. 0120-2770404 at Directorate of Income Tax (Systems).