List of Documents Required for VAT Registration in India under VAT Acts of Different States. Any person doing any business can obtain registration under VAT by making an application to State Sales Tax or Commercial Taxes Department in prescribe VAT Registration Form which generally starts with VAT-01, along with the prescribed documents with the authority competent to grant registration having territorial jurisdiction over the principal place of business.
List of Documents for VAT Registration
- Application for registration under VAT FORM VAT 01
- For Company VAT Registration : Memorandum of Association , Article of Association, Board Resolution for Authorization of person to file application
- For Partnership Firm: Partnership Agreement (copies duly attested by Partner)
- Photo of Managing Director / Director or authorized signatory, Proprietor, Partners
- Copy of Voter identification card or Passport or Permanent Account Number or Driving license of Director/ Managing Director/Partner/Proprietor (Self Attested) How to Verify PAN Card Details by PAN Card Number
- Copy of rent deed or rent receipt or electricity bill or telephone bill or water bill or own property documents, in support of address proof of Company
- Copy of Permanent Account Number of Company/Partnership Firm/Proprietor to be registered under VAT and CST.
- Gurantee by 2 registered dealer in form prescribe under VAT Act or Security as per section the VAT Act – NSC of given amount under VAT and CST Act – Form NC71 for purchase of NSC.
- CST Form Application for Registration with Board Resolution for appointment
- CST Form – Declaration of Business Manager
- Affidavit for obtaining registration on Rs 10/- stamp paper with photo to be attested by Notary.
- In Case if you are applying for VAT & CST registration simultaneously then you must submit 2 sets of each document.
Note: Please note that above documents are to be self attested by the applicant or authorised signatory of applicant.