|IDBI Bank Ltd. is a Universal Bank with its operations driven by a cutting edge core Banking IT platform. The Bank offers personalized banking and financial solutions to its clients in the retail and corporate banking arena through its large network of Branches and ATMs, spread across length and breadth of India. We have also set up an overseas branch at Dubai and have plans to open representative offices in various other parts of the Globe, for encashing emerging global opportunities. Our experience of financial markets will help us to effectively cope with challenges and capitalize on the emerging opportunities by participating effectively in our country’s growth process.IDBI Bank is the youngest, new generation, public sector universal bank that rides on a cutting edge core banking Information Technology platform. This enables the Bank to offer personalized banking and financial solutions to its clients. The Bank had an aggregate balance sheet size of Rs. 3,22,769 crore and total business of Rs 4,23,423 crore as on March 31, 2013. IDBI Bank’s operations during the financial year ended March 31, 2013 resulted in a net profit of Rs. 1882 crore.|
Our vision for the Bank is “TO BE THE MOST PREFERRED AND TRUSTED BANK ENHANCING VALUE FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS”.
|Education loans from IDBI Bank aim at providing financial support to deserving / meritorious students for pursuing higher education in India and abroad. With an array of services to choose from and easy repayment options, IDBI Bank makes sure you get complete financial backing. However, the facility is also being offered to the meritorious students secured admission through Management Quota.Education Loan Scheme for the Management Quota Students|
Education Loan Scheme for the Students of Premier Institutions
Central Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education Loan
a) Scheme Details
b) List of Income Certificate Authority
c) List of Hotel Management, Tourism and Catering Institutes
The Courses for which an Education Loan from IDBI Bank can be availed are:
a. ForStudies in India:
- Graduation courses: BA, B.Com., B.Sc., etc.
- Post Graduation courses: Masters and Phd
- Professional courses: Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer etc
- Computer certificate courses of reputed institutes accredited to Dept. of Electronics or institutes affiliated to university
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc.
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI. NIFT etc
- Courses offered in India by reputed foreign universities
- Evening courses of approved institutes
- Other courses leading to diploma / degree etc. conducted by colleges / universities approved by UGC / Govt. / AICTE/ AIBMS / CMR etc
- Courses offered by National Institutes and other reputed private institutions.
b. For Studies abroad:
- Graduation: For job oriented professional /technical courses offered by reputed universities
- Post graduation: MCA, MBA, MS, etc. Courses conducted by CIMA- London, CPA in USA etc.
c. Special Courses:
- Regular Degree / Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping. In case the course is pursued abroad, the competent local aviation / shipping authority should recognize the Institute.
Educational Loan Amount
Maximum loan amount:
- Study in India- Rs.10 lakh
- Study Abroad- Rs. 20 lakhs
- Upto Rs. 4 lac – Nil
- Above Rs. 4 lac
– studies in India – 5% of the total course expenditure
– studies abroad – 15% of the total course expenditure
– studies partly in India and partly Abroad : 5% of the total course expenditure
Expenses Covered under Loan
- Fee payable to college / schoo l/ hostel
- Examination / Library / Laboratory fee
- Purchase of books / equipments / instruments / uniforms
- Caution deposit / building fund / refundable deposit supported by Institution bills / receipts
- Travel expenses / passage money for studies abroad
- Purchase of computers – essential for completion of the course
- Any other expense required to complete the course – like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
- Insurance premium for student borrower, if insurance cover sought
The repayment of loan to begin after the course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting a job, whichever is earlier.The maximum repayment tenor starting from the date of commencement of EMI are as under:
- For loans up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs: up to10 year
- For loans above Rs. 7.5 lakhs: up to15 years
Education Loan Rate of Interest
|Loan amount||Rate of Interest (RoI)|
|Loans qualifying as Priority Sector Lending(PSL) :|
Up to Rs. 10 lakhs for studies in India
Up to Rs. 20 lakhs for studies Abroad
|BR+1% (currently 11.25%)|
|Loan amounts not qualifying as Priority Sector Lending(PSL) :|
Above Rs. 10 lakhs for studies in India
Above Rs. 20 lakhs for studies abroad
|BR+2% (currently 12.25%)|
|Up to Rs. 4 lacs||No security|
|Above Rs. 4 lacs and up to Rs. 7.5 lacs||Collateral in the form of a third party guarantee|
|Above Rs. 7.5 lacs||Collateral security in the form of Land/ building, (The minimum value shall be 1.33 times the amount of loan sought).|
Govt. securities/ Public Sector Bonds/ Units of UTI, NSC, KVP, LIC policy, gold, shares/ debentures, bank deposit in the name of parent/ guardian or in the name of the co-applicant (The minimum value shall be 1.1 times of the amount of loan sought).
Wherever the land / building is already mortgaged, the unencumbered portion can be taken as security on IInd charge basis provided it covers the required loan amount. In case the loan is given for purchase of a computer the same to be hypothecated to the Bank.