How to File Application/ Request for Reissue of Income Tax Refund cheque which remains undelivered or refund cheque which expired after 3 months. Every Person who is expecting Income Tax Refund wants to know the current status of Income tax refund and when he checks refund status its showing
- Door Locked
- No such Address – Refund voucher cancelled.
- The instrument returned undelivered by the speed post as the address provided by the assessee is not complete/ non existent.
- Refund cheque got expired after 3 months of issue
So to avoid undue harassment to income Tax payers, Income Tax department has introduced the online facility of income tax refund reissue or cheque re-validation. Person can apply/request for reissue of Income Tax Refund cheque by online login into Income Tax India E-filing Account and can request for reissue of Income Tax Refund cheque by filing online application through his income tax efiling Account. After Login go to “My Account” then select “Refund Reissue request” from options then fill the CPC Communication Reference Number, Refund sequence Number given in intimation order u/s 143(1) issued by Income tax department.
- Select Assessment Year For Which You want to reissue (the Income Tax Refund Status from year 2004 to 2013 but one has to select 2009-2010 for Year 2009, 2010-2011 for Year 2010, 2011-2012 for Year 2011, 2012-2013 for year 2012 and 2013-2014 for Year 2013 refund.
- CPC Communication Reference Number its Given in Income Tax Intimation order u/s143(1)
- Refund Sequence Number-Given in Income Tax Intimation order u/s143(1))
For any refund related query the tax payer should contact Aaykar Sampark Kendra at 0124 2438000 or email at
For refund related query/ or any modification in refund record relating to Return processed at CPC Bangalore, the CPC may be contacted by the taxpayer on 1-8004252229 or 080-43456700.