Income Tax Return ITR 1 SAHAJ is applicable to Salaried Individual having only one house property and no income from lottery prize and Horses race. Download Income Tax Return (ITR) 1: Income Tax Return for AY 2013-14 for Salaried Person
- Who can use this ITR 1 form:
Income Tax Return ITR 1 Form is to be used by an Individual who earns income by
- Salary/ pension,
- One House Property (excluding the cases where loss is brought forward from last year’s) or
- Income from Other Sources (excluding Lottery prize and income from Horses race).
- Applicable Assessment Year:
This Return Form is relates to Income earned in Financial Year 2011-12 and its applicable assessment year 2012-13.
- Who cannot use this return form:
An Individual should not be used this return form whose total income for the assessment year 2012-13 includes:-
- Income from more than one House Property; or
- Income from Horses race and lottery prize; or
- Capital gain Income which are not exempt from Tax short term capital gain and long term capital gain or sale of House Property or plot; or
- Agriculture Income excess of Rs. 5000; or
- Income from business and profession.
- Filling out the Acknowledgement:
Only one copy of this return form is required to be filled. Where the return form is furnished in the manner the return in the paper form or by furnishing a bar- coded return.
- Obligation for return:
Every Individual whose total Income before allowing deductions under Chapter VI-A of the Income Tax Act, exceed the maximum amount not chargeable to Income Tax is obligated to furnish his return of income.
The maximum amount not chargeable to Income Tax in case of different categories of individual is as follows: –
Amount (In Rs.)
In case of individual below the age of 60 years (other than woman)
In case of women below the age of 60 years
In case of individuals who are of the age of 60 years or more at any time during the financial year2011-12
In case of individual who are of the age of 80 years or more at any time.
Necessary item for filling Income Tax Return form:-
- Fill your Permanent Account Number. Make sure that you fill your PAN carefully. Ensure that your enter PAN on the top of every page and in your PAN, first five and last one digit are alphabets and the remaining four digits are numerals.
- Please provide your bank details in all situations irrespective of whether you have refund or not and quote the MICR code of the bank if you desire to receive the refund through ECS(electronic clearing system)
- Please sign in the box given and complete the verification section without signature your form won’t be accepted by the Income Tax Department.
- Provide the receipt no. of original return if revised it is mandatory and original return filling date.
- Fill the TDS certificate (form 16) issued by the employer for details of Salary/Pension.