Download UPVAT FORM – XXXVIII : Form of declaration for import
As per up vat Rule 54 Establishment of Check Posts
(1) (a)The owner, driver or any other person-in-charge of the vehicle or vessel shall, in respect of such goods carried in the vehicle or the vessel as are notified under or referred to in sub-section (1) of section 50 and exceeding the quantity, measure or value specified in the notification therein, carry with him the following documents-
(i) form of declaration for import in Form XXXVIII or certificate in Form XXXIX hereinafter in these rules referred to as declaration or certificate, as the case may be, in duplicate, duly filled and signed by the purchaser and seller of the goods or where goods are transferred otherwise than by way of sale, by consignor & consignee of the goods with status and address ;
(ii) Cash memo, bill, invoice or challan;
(b)The owner, driver or any other person-in-charge of the vehicle or vessel shall in respect of all other goods carried in such vehicle or vessel carry such documents as may be prescribed by the Commissioner in duplicate.
(2) (a) A declaration or certificate –
(i) in respect of which a report has been made under sub-rule (9) or rule 56 or sub-rule (8) of rule 57, or
(ii) which is declared as obsolete and invalid by the Commissioner under sub-rule (13) of rule 56 or sub-rule (10) of rule 57, shall not be valid with effect from the date of the report or the date from which it is so declared, as the
case may be, for the purpose of sub-rule (3).
(b) A certificate whose period of validity as specified in sub-rule (4) of rule 57 has expired shall not be valid for the purposes of sub-rule (3).
(3) The owner of the truck or vessel or the transport agency, forwarding agency or clearing agents, as the case may be, shall deliver to the consignee, while delivering the consigned goods, the duplicate copy of the declaration or certificate, as the case may be.
(4) The owner, driver or any other person-in-charge of the vehicle or vessel shall carry the trip sheet in Form XL in respect of goods referred to in clause (a) of sub-rule (1). Separate trip sheets shall be submitted for goods meant for different destinations.
(5) The commissioner may from time to time issue instructions with regard to the procedure to be followed regarding import of goods from out of State and submission of declaration or certificate before assessing authority.