Download UP VAT FORM – I: – Challan for Depositing Money
As per UP vat Rule 12 Manner of Payment of Tax, penalty, fee or any other amount due under the Act
(1) Any amount of fee payable under the Act or these rules or cost of any form of declaration or certificate prescribed under these rules where amount of such fee or cost does not exceed Rupees one hundred shall be paid by affixing court fee stamps of equivalent amount on the application.
Provided that if court fee stamps are not available, the fee or cost of forms referred to in subrule
(1) shall be deposited in the Government treasury in the manner prescribed under sub-rule(2)
(2) Subject to provisions of rule (1) unless otherwise expressly provided, any amount payable under the Act or the rules as tax, fee, penalty, interest, composition money, sale proceeds, cost of forms of declaration or certificate or any other money shall be deposited in any of the following manners along with Treasury challan in quadruplicate:
(a) in cash in any treasury or sub-treasury or State Bank of India or its subsidiary bank or any public sector bank, authorized to accept
deposits under the Act; or
(b) by the draft drawn in favour of depositor on such bank; or
(c) by cheque either issued by the depositor to self on such bank or drawn in his favour in such bank; or
(d) by book transfer, in case of Government Department, if so desired; or
(e) by electronic payment.
(3) On every copy of Treasury challan a registered dealer shall mention his Taxpayer’s Identification Number. If the dealer or person depositing the money is not a registered dealer he shall write the words “A person other than registered dealer”.
(4) Treasury challan shall be in Form I.
(5) Where any amount of security for release of seized goods is received in cash by any officer, such officer shall grant receipt in Form 385 prescribed for Government receipts to the person from whom the amount is received.
(6) The Officer who has accepted cash amount under subrule
(5) shall deposit such amount in the bank, treasury or sub-treasury in the manner provided in this rule on behalf of the dealer or the person on whose behalf it was received.
Explanation: Unless it is repugnant with subject or context for the purposes of these rules, bank includes its branches also.