Download RBI Circular No. 2013-14/196 Dated August 20, 2013 For Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 – Updates of the UNSCR 1267(1999) / 1989(2011) Committee’s Al-Qaida Sanctions List and Consolidated List
August 20, 2013
The Chairmen / CEOs of all Regional Rural Banks / State and Central Co-operative Banks
Implementation of Section 51-A of UAPA, 1967 – Updates of the UNSCR 1267(1999) / 1989(2011) Committee’s Al-Qaida Sanctions List and Consolidated List
Please refer to our circular RPCD.CO.RRB.RCB.AML.No.11424/07.51.018/2012-13 dated April 22, 2013 on the captioned subject. We have since received from Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, UNP Division, copy of nineteenth update note dated August 06, 2013 (copy enclosed) forwarded by the Chairman of UN Security Council’s 1267/1989 Committee regarding amendments made in the “Al-Qaida Sanctions List”, i.e. list of Individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida. The copy of the update is available on UN website at the following url:http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2013/sc11089.doc.htm
2. Regional Rural Banks and State / Central Cooperative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular RPCD.CO.RRB.No.39/03.05.33 (E)/2009-10 dated November 05, 2009 and RPCD.CO.RF.AML. BC. No. 34/07.40.00/ 2009-10 dated October 29, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the above mentioned circulars.
5. The complete details of the said list are available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular letter to our concerned Regional Office.
Encl: As above