Download P VAT Form Vat- 28: Certificate of Deduction of Tax from Payments Made To Contractors under PVAT Act, 2005
As per Punjab vat Rule 46. Liability of persons in case of works contract
1. A person entering into a contract with a contractor or a contractor entering into a contract with a sub-contractor for transfer of property in goods in execution of a works contract, shall furnish to the commissioner or the designated officer, particulars of such contract in Form VAT-25 within a period of thirty days from the date of entering into such contract.
2. A person entering into a contract with a contractor or a contractor entering into a contract with a sub-contractor for transfer of property in goods for execution of a works contract, who is also liable for deduction of tax, shall within a period of thirty days of accruing his liability to deduct the tax, make an application, complete in all respects to the designated officer in Form VAT-26, for allotment of tax deduction number. The designated officer shall allot tax deduction number to the person concerned within a period of seven days from the receipt of the application.
3. The tax deducted under the Act, shall be deposited by the person deducting the tax through a challan in Form “VAT-2” in the appropriate Government Treasury within a period of fifteen days from the close of each month.
4. A monthly statement of the deposits made under sub-rule (3), shall be furnished by the persons concerned in Form “VAT-27” alongwith the proof of payment within a period of fifteen days after the date of deposit.
5. The person deducting the tax, shall issue a certificate of such tax deduction at source in Form VAT – 28, which shall entitle the contractor to claim credit for such amount in the return.