Download MP VAT FORM 4: Option for composition under section 11 (1)of the Madhya Pradesh Vat Act
As per Madhya Pradesh vat Rule 8 Composition of tax
(1) A registered dealer whose turnover in a year does not ordinarily exceed rupees forty lacs may opt to pay a lump-sum under sub section (1) of Section 11.
(2) A registered dealer opting to pay a lump-sum in lieu of tax by way of composition shall give his option in form 4 to the appropriate Commercial Tax Officer or any other officer authorised by the Commissioner in this behalf within one month of the commencement of year.
(3) The lump-sum shall be payable on the goods specified in Schedule II -other than the goods specified in part III of the said schedule appended to the Act. The lump-sum payable by a registered dealer shall be as under:-
(i) one percent [*0.5 percent]of the turnover of sales of goods purchased; and
(ii) four percent of the turnover of sales of goods manufactured.
(4) Such lump-sum shall be paid for every quarter of the year for which the option has been given and a quarterly return in form 5 along with a copy of challan as proof of such payment shall be furnished to the appropriate Commercial Tax Officer or any other officer authorised by the Commissioner in this behalf within thirty days of the expiry of the quarter.
(5) A registered dealer opting to pay lump-sum under section 11 and required to issue a bill, cash memorandum or invoice under sub-section (1) of section 40, shall, for sale of goods to another registered dealer, issue a bill, cash memorandum or invoice specifically stating that the dealer has opted for composition of tax under section 11. The statement shall be recorded by affixing a rubber stamp which read as follows : -“Goods sold by a dealer opting for composition of tax under section 11.
(6) Where an option given by a registered dealer under sub-section (1) of section 11 stands revoked under the provisions of sub-section (2) of the said section, such dealer shall furnish returns for the period from the commencement of the year to the date of revocation of such option within one month from the date of revocation and subsequent returns, in accordance with the provisions of section 18. The lumpsum payment, if any, shall be adjusted towards the tax payable according to such returns and all other provisions of the Act shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to such dealer.