Download J&K FORM VAT-51: RETAIL INVOICE FORM
As per J&K VAT Rule 63(2)&(3) Tax invoice:-
(1) A VAT invoice shall be issued by a VAT dealer when making sale of goods in the State to another VAT dealer for resale thereof or
for use in manufacture or processing of goods for sale. A retail invoice shall be issued by a VAT dealer or a casual trader when making sale of goods in the State to Non-VAT dealers, un-registered dealers and consumers.
(2) The VAT invoice shall be in Form VAT-50 and the retail invoice shall be in Form VAT-51.
(3) A retail invoice shall be in duplicate. The original shall be given to the purchaser and the duplicate (carbon copy) shall be kept for record.
(4) A VAT invoice shall be in triplicate. The original shall be given to the purchaser, the duplicate to the transporter and the triplicate shall be kept for record. Duplicate and triplicate shall be carbon copies of the original. Each invoice shall be machine numbered in an ascending order. Each copy shall bear the pre-printed purpose viz. “ORIGINAL—Purchaser”, copy “DUPLICATE’—Transporter’s copy, TRIPLICATE –Office copy.
(5) The VAT invoice shall contain the following particulars on the original as well as on all the copies thereof:–
a) the word “VAT INVOICE” in bold letters at the top;
b) the name, address and TIN of the selling dealer;
c) the name, address and TIN of the purchasing dealer.
d) VAT invoice book number, an individual serialized number and the date of issue;
e) full description of the goods.
f) the quantity or number, as the case may be, of the goods.
g) the value of goods sold.
h) the rate and amount of tax charged thereon indicated separately.
i) signature of the selling dealer or his declared business manager.
j) The name and address of the Printer who has printed the tax invoice.
(6) Only an original copy of VAT invoice shall be valid to set up a claim of input tax credit. The original copy shall bear the words “Valid for input tax credit” on it.
(7) Every VAT dealer shall furnish to the Jurisdictional Assessing
Authority along with the annual return and trading account, the list of VAT invoice books used during the year mentioning therein the total number of VAT invoices issued out of each VAT invoice book so used.