Download J&K FORM VAT-21: NOTICE OF DEMAND
As per J&K VAT Rule 39 Payments
(1) The notice of demand issued under the provisions of the Act shall be in Form VAT-21 which shall be accompanied by the challan in Form VAT-22 duly filled in and signed by the Assessing Authority;
(2) The tax payable in respect of a quarter shall be paid under a challan in Form VAT-15 duly filled in and signed by the dealer himself;
(3) Any other sum payable under the Act or these Rules shall also be paid in challan Form VAT-15.
(4) The challan shall be filled up in quadruplicate. The Treasury officer shall certify the receipt of money on the foils of challan. The first foil shall be retained by Treasury, the second foil shall be sent to the Assessing Authority in the manner indicated in sub-rule 6 of this Rule and the third foil (including fourth foil in case of VAT-15) shall be delivered to the payer.
(5) An assessee making payment by means of crossed-cheque or crossed bank draft, may deposit it in the office of the concerned Deputy Commissioner Commercial Taxes of the Division along with the relevant challan in Form
VAT-22 duly filled in and signed by the Assessing Authority or in Form VAT-15 duly filled in and signed by the assessee himself. The Deputy Commissioner Commercial Taxes of the Division shall issue a provisional receipt in Form VAT-23 and send the cheque/bank draft alongwith the challan to the treasury for collection. The cost of realization of the amount of cheque or bank draft shall be payable by the assessee and the date of encashment of the cheque or the bank draft shall be the date of collection.
(6) The Treasury officer shall send to the Deputy Commissioner Commercial Taxes of the Division a statement in Form VAT-24 within seven days from the last date of each month alongwith counter foils of challans meant for the Assessing Authorities.