FORM NO. 39 for Form of Application for Registration as Authorized Income-Tax Practitioner. FORM NO. 39 is relevant for any person who wishes to have his name entered as an authorized income tax practitioner in the register maintained for that purpose by the chief commissioner or commissioner. Such a person should furnish as application in this Form.
(1) Any person who wishes to have his name entered as an authorised income-tax practitioner in the register shall apply to the [Chief Commissioner or Commissioner] within whose area of jurisdiction he has been practising. The application shall be made in Form No. 39 and shall be accompanied by documentary evidence regarding his eligibility for income-tax practice under clause (v) or clause (vi) [or clause (via)] or clause (vii) of sub-section (2) of section 288.
(2) The applicant shall also furnish such further information as the [Chief Commissioner or Commissioner] may require in connection with the disposal of the application.
FORM NO. 39
[See rule 54]
Form of application for registration as authorised income-tax practitioner
The Chief Commissioner or Commissioner of Income-tax,
I hereby apply for registration as an authorised income-tax practitioner under clause (v)/(vi)/(vii) of section 288(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
The following particulars are furnished herewith :-
|1.||Name in full [block letters]|
|3.||Permanent residential address|
|4.||Present residential address|
|5.||Professional address(es) in India|
|6.||Principal place of profession in India|
|7.||If partner in a firm, name of the firm and other partners|
* I certify that I have passed the accountancy examination of (a true copy of the certificate enclosed)
* I certify that I have acquired the educational qualifications of (a true copy of the certificate enclosed)
* I certify that I was an income-tax practitioner within the meaning of clause (iv) of sub-section (2) of section 61 of the Indian Income-tax Act, 1922, and was actually practising immediately before 1st April, 1962, as such and some of the cases in which I appeared in that capacity are as below :
Name and address of assessee
Designation of the income-tax authority before whom appeared
|I certify that I have been practising as an authorised income-tax practitioner since|
and that I have not so far made any application for registration as an authorised income-tax practitioner to any other Chief Commissioner or Commissioner of Income-tax.
|*Delete inappropriate words.|