FORM NO. 10DA for Report Under Section 80JJAA Of The Income-Tax Act, 1961. FORM NO. 10DA is related only Indian companies whose total income includes profit and gains derived from any industrial undertaking engaged in the manufacture or production of article or thing.
(1) Where the gross total income of an assessee, being an Indian company, includes any profits and gains derived from any industrial undertaking engaged in the manufacture or production of article or thing, there shall, subject to the conditions specified in sub-section (2), be allowed a deduction of an amount equal to thirty per cent of additional wages paid to the new regular workmen employed by the assessee in the previous year for three assessment years including the assessment year relevant to the previous year in which such employment is provided.
(2) No deduction under sub-section (1) shall be allowed—
(a) if the industrial undertaking is formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing undertaking or amalgamation with another industrial undertaking;
(b) unless the assessee furnishes along with the return of income the report of the accountant, as defined in the Explanation below sub-section (2) of section 288 giving such particulars in the report as may be prescribed.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, the expressions,—
(i) “additional wages” means the wages paid to the new regular workmen in excess of one hundred workmen employed during the previous year :
Provided that in the case of an existing undertaking, the additional wages shall be nil if the increase in the number of regular workmen employed during the year is less than ten per cent of existing number of workmen employed in such undertaking as on the last day of the preceding year;
(ii) “regular workman”, does not include—
(a) a casual workman; or
(b) a workman employed through contract labour; or
(c) any other workman employed for a period of less than three hundred days during the previous year;
(iii) “workman” shall have the meaning assigned to it in clause (s) of section 2 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947).
FORM NO. 10DA
[See rule 19AB]
Report under section 80JJAA of the Income-tax Act, 1961
1. I/We have examined the accounts and records of __________
(Name and address of the assessee with permanent account number) an industrial undertaking engaged in the manufacture and/or production of___________ during the year ended on 31st day of March
2. I/We certify that the deduction to be claimed by the assessee under sub-section (1) of section 80JJAA of Income-tax Act, 1961, in respect of the assessment year _________ is Rs._________ determined on the basis of additional wages paid to the new regular workmen employed by the assessee in the previous year. The said amount has been worked out on the basis of details given in annexure to this form.
(See paragraph 2 of Form No. 10DA)
Particulars of the assessee :
b. Address of registered office
c. Permanent Account Number
Nature of business (whether the undertaking is engaged in manufacture or production, identify product also)
Number of regular workmen.
(a) in case of newly set up unit, as on the date of commencement of business (A)
(b) in case of existing unit, as on the first day of the previous year (A)
Number of new regular workmen employed during the previous year (B)
Number of regular workmen who ceased to continue in employment during the previous year (C)
Number of regular workmen as on the last date (A+B-C)
Number of new regular workmen entitled for the deduction (see notes below)
Additional wages paid to new regular workmen, by the assessee company (see notes below)
30% of the amount mentioned in item No. 9, above.
11. Whether any of the regular workmen as mentioned in col. 7 was
(a) casual worker,
(b) employed through contract labour, or
(c) employed for a period of less than three hundred days during
the previous year
If yes, furnish details thereof.