Form of application to the Central Government for appointment of cost auditor
Download Company Law Form 23C for: Application to the Central Government for appointment of cost auditor
Download Company Law Form 23C
Download Company Law Form23C: Form No 23C used as an Form of application to the Central Government for appointment of cost auditor
How to e-file Form 23C
1. In case of an Indian company, enter ‘Corporate Identity Number’ (CIN).
In case of a foreign company, enter Foreign Company Registration Number (FCRN) of the company.
You may find CIN/ FCRN by entering existing registration number or name of the company in the
‘Find CIN/GLN’ service at the portal www.mca.gov.in and Find Details of Company CIN, GLN, LLPIN using Name of Company, ROC registration number etc.
2. Click the “Pre-fill” button.
System will automatically display the name, registered office address (in case of Indian company) or name and address of principal place of business in India (in case of foreign company) and email ID of the company. In case there is any change in the email ID, enter the new valid email ID. Ensure that the email ID of the company is correct as all the future correspondence will be sent to this email id only.
Enter the contact number of the company.
3. Select whether the cost audit order is a company specific order or is a Industry wise generic order
In case of company specific order
‘Company specific order’ cannot be selected in respect of Financial years starting on or after 01.04.2012.
Enter the number of the Central Government’s order directing cost audit and Click on Pre-fill button.
System will automatically display the date of order and industry name to which cost audit order relates. Verify the system displayed details and in case there is any discrepancy, contact Cost Audit Branch, MCA, HQ.
Please ensure that the cost audit order number is associated with the company filing the form.
However, in case the cost audit order number has been transferred from another company, in such case, you may continue filing the form and provide the details of transfer as an optional attachment.
In case of Industry wise generic order
Enter the number of industries for which the form is being filed. Based on the number, block of fields for entering the details shall be displayed.Enter the details (number, date and industry) of the
Central Government’s order directing cost audit.
4. Select whether cost auditor is an individual or a firm.
Enter the details of the cost auditor proposed to be appointed. Name of the cost auditor or cost auditor’s firm proposed to be appointed should be as per the Board resolution.
In case of Individual, Details will be validated from the records of Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI). Ensure that the details being entered are updated as per ICWAI records.
Ensure that the email ID of the cost auditor or cost auditor’s firm is correct as all the future correspondence with the cost auditor will be sent to this email id only
5. Select whether the cost auditor is subject to any disqualification u/s 233B (5) of the Companies Act, 1956.
It is essential to ensure that the proposed cost auditor is not subject to any of the disqualification u/s 233B (5).
6. Select whether the appointment of cost auditor is within the limits specified in sub-section 1B of Section 224
It is essential to ensure that the appointment is within the limits specified u/s 224(1B) in case of public company.
7. Mention the scope of audit for the proposed cost auditor as per the Board resolution. Provide the details in respect of the products, activities and units which are to be covered by the proposed cost auditor as per the Board resolution.
8. Enter the proposed remuneration of the cost auditor.
9. Enter the financial year to be covered by the cost auditor.
10. In case there is any change in the cost auditor, enter the details of previous auditor and the reasons for change.
If the change is due to death of existing cost auditor then enter date of death and Service request number of Form 23C filed earlier for appointment of deceased cost auditor.
In case of change in auditor for reason other than death, select whether the previous cost auditor has been informed of the change. It is essential to ensure that the previous cost auditor has been informed of the change.
- Copy of the Board resolution of the company sanctioning the proposal for which the government approval has been sought is a mandatory attachment.
- Copy of the certificate obtained from cost auditor regarding compliance of the section 224(1B) of the Companies Act, 1956 is a mandatory attachment.
- Any other information can be provided as an optional attachment. For example:
- In case of change in cost auditor, letter to the previous auditor informing him about the change.
- In case there is extension of financial year, approval letter for such extension. Copy of board or members’ resolution approving the allotment of shares.
In case of Indian Company, select the first check box and enter the serial number and date of board resolution authorising the signatory to sign and submit the application.
In case of foreign company, select the second check box
In case of Indian company
- By the Managing director or director or manager or secretary of the company duly authorised by the board of directors
In case of foreign company
- By an authorised representative.
Select the designation of the person digitally signing the eForm.
Enter the DIN in case the person digitally signing the eForm is a director or managing director
Enter income-tax PAN in case the person signing the eForm is a manager or authorised representative
Enter membership number or income-tax PAN in case the person digitally signing the eForm is a secretary.