As per Assam Vat rule 17
(1) Every registered dealer or any dealer liable to pay tax whose turnover of taxable goods in any assessment year exceeds Rupees 3 (three) lakhs, shall furnish to the Prescribed Authority, a tax return for each month in Form-13 within the next twenty one days of the succeeding month.
Explanation. — For the purpose of this sub-rule, the due date for submission of the tax return, for a particular month shall be the twenty first day of the following month.
(2) Every registered dealer or any dealer liable to pay tax under the Act, other than a dealer referred to in sub-rule (1), shall furnish to the Prescribed Authority, a tax return for each quarter in Form-13 within twenty one days of the succeeding month from the date of expiry of each quarter.
(1) Every registered dealer and every dealer liable to pay tax shall furnish a correct and complete tax return in such form for such period, by such dates and to such authority, as may be prescribed:
Provided that different periods may be prescribed for different classes of dealers for the purpose of filing tax return.
(2) Every registered dealer and every dealer liable to pay tax shall furnish, in addition to the tax return, if any, furnished under subsection (1), a correct and complete annual return in the prescribed form within such time as may be prescribed.
(3) If the Prescribed Authority has reason to believe that the turnover of sales or the turnover of purchases of any dealer has exceeded the taxable limit as specified in sub-section (6) of section 7, so as to render him liable to pay tax under this Act for any year or part thereof, he may, by notice served in the prescribed manner, require such dealer to furnish tax return under sub section (1) and an annual return under sub-section (2) as if he were a registered dealer.
(4) If any dealer having furnished a tax return or an annual return under this section, discovers any omission or any other error in the return so filed, he may without prejudice to the charge of any interest, furnish revised tax return or revised annual return, as the case may be, in the prescribed manner and within the prescribed time.
(5) Every dealer required to file return under this section shall pay the full amount of tax, interest and any other sum payable by him according to such return or the differential tax payable according to the revised return furnished, if any, and shall furnish along with the return or revised return, as the case may be, a receipt showing full payment of such amount into the Government account.
(6) Every return under this section shall be signed and verified,—
(a) in case of an individual, by the individual himself, and where the individual is absent by some person duly authorised by him in this behalf; Periodical returns and payment of tax.
(b) in the case of a Hindu Undivided family, by the Karta;
(c) in the case of a company or local authority, by the principal officer or Chief Executive or authorised signatory thereof;
(d) in the case of a firm, by any partner thereof not being a minor or by a manager;
(e) in the case of any other association, by the person competent to act on behalf of the association.