As per Section 28 under Assam Vat Act Liability to obtain registration by transporter
(1) Every transporter liable for registration under sub section (1) (a) of section 28, shall submit to the Prescribed Authority having jurisdiction over the area in which his principal place of business is situated, a single application for registration of his principal place of his business and all the branches in the State, within sixty days from the commencement of these rules, if he was carrying on business on such date and within thirty days of commencement of business, if he commences business after publication of these rules.
(2) An application shall be made in Form-10.
(3) An application for registration shall be signed and verified in case of
(a) in individual, by the proprietor of the transport business;
(b) a partnership firm, by the managing partner of the firm;
(c) a Hindu undivided or joint family, by the karta of the family;
(d) a company, by the Managing Director or the Secretary or the Manger or the Principal Officer of the Chief Executive Officer of the Company;
(e) a Government department, by the head of the office.
(4) The person making application for registration under sub-rule (1) shall submit two copies of his/her attested passport size recent photograph along with the application for registration, one copy of which shall be affixed at the space at the top right hand corner of the certificate of registration issued and sealed with the round seal of the office of the Prescribed Authority and the other copy shall be affixed in the register of certificate against the name of the concerned transporter, carrier of transporting agent: Provided that no photograph shall be required to be affixed on the copies of the certificate for the branches, if any.
(5) When the Prescribed Authority is satisfied after making such enquiry as he thinks fit, that the particulars contained in the application are correct and complete and the fee payable along with on application of registration under these rules has been paid, he shall register the transporter and grant him a Certificate of Registration in Form-11 and also an extra copy of such Certificate for each branch within the Sate, inscribing on each such extra copy the name of the branch for which it is issued.
(6) The Certificate of Registration granted under sub-rule (5), shall be kept at the principal place of business and displayed at a conspicuous place, and each extra copy of such certificate granted for the branches under the said sub-rule shall be kept in the respective branch and displayed at a conspicuous place of the branch.
(7) Whenever, for any reason, there is a change in the particulars furnished in the application for registration, the transporter, shall, within fourteen days from the date of such occurrences, submit an application to the Prescribed Authority together with the Certificate of Registration and copies thereof for the branches, if any, for necessary amendment, and the Prescribed Authority may, if he is satisfied, make necessary amendment in the Certificate of Registration and the copies thereof.
(8) The Prescribed Authority shall maintain a Register of Certificate in Form-12.
(9) When a registered transporter closes down his business within the State, he shall apply within thirty days from the date of closure of his business to the Prescribed Authority for cancellation of his registration and surrender the Certificate of Registration and the copies thereof for the branches, if any. The Prescribed Authority, if satisfied after such enquiry as may be necessary that the transporter has really closed down his business, and there is no outstanding liability against him or no proceeding pending against him, shall cancel the registration and deface properly the Certificate of Registration and
the copies thereof.
(10) The Prescribed Authority shall cancel the Certificate of Registration when the business in respect of which the certificate was issued has been discontinued and there is no outstanding liability against the transporter and no proceeding is pending against him.