DHANLAXMI BANK EDUCATION LOAN INTEREST RATE
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. was incorporated in 1927 at Thrissur, Kerala by a group of ambitious and enterprising entrepreneurs.Over the 86 years that followed, Dhanlaxmi Bank with its rich heritage has earned the trust and goodwill of clients. It is due to our strong belief in the need to seek innovation, deliver best service and demonstrate responsibility, that we have grown from strength to strength. Be it in the number of customers, the scale of business, the breadth of our product offerings, the banking experience we offer or the trust that people invest in us. With more than 670 touch points across India at your service; our focus has always been on customizing services and personalizing relations
Education loan is the most convenient way of supporting your child’s education. You can now easily fund most education-related expenses including fees, boarding & lodging, air travel, insurance premiums, and computers etc.
- Pay admission and tuition fee
- Purchase books, study material, equipment and instruments
- Pay hostel fees and boarding charges
- For studies abroad, fund expenses of air travel, incidental charges, purchase of outfits (clothing & other equipment)
- Fund other education-related expenses such as examination, library and laboratory fee, uniforms, caution deposit, building fund or refundable deposits supported by Institution bills and receipts, up to 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course
- Purchase computers needed for the course.
- Insurance premium for student borrower
- Any other expense in relation to the course – study tours, project work, thesis etc.
For higher studies in India:
- Students of Indian nationality (whether minor or major)
- Parents can also apply jointly with the student and facilitate repayment through existing sources of income
- Graduate and post-graduate degree/diploma courses in computer science, engineering, medicine, dental science, pharmacy, agricultural and veterinary sciences
- Post-graduate courses in arts, general science, commerce, and management (from recognized colleges and universities)
- Post graduate diploma in computer application from reputed institutes such as NIIT, APTECH, BITECH, SSI etc.
For studies abroad:
- Indian National over 18 years of age
- The applicant should produce a copy of the Result of Qualifying/ Mandatory examination such as TOEFL, SAT, GRE, AGRE, GMAT etc. together with a copy of valid passport, proof of Admission to the college or university and a copy of the Visa / Form I-20
Courses applicable (for courses abroad)
- Under-graduate courses in biological & natural sciences, computer sciences, engineering
- Post-graduate courses in the above disciplines and business administration (Applicants should submit a brief report on the prospects of the course.)
Academic background (for India and abroad)
- Applicant/student should have passed the qualifying examination securing a position eligible for admission to the course opted for study.
Duration of course
- Courses within India – 5 years
- Courses abroad – 3 years
- Duration of the course plus 6 months or getting a job, whichever is earlier
- Up to Rs. 4 lakhs – No security
- Above Rs. 4 lakhs – Collateral in the form of a satisfactory guarantee
- Approved shares / insurance policies with surrender value, national savings certificates, IVP, Bank deposits etc. or collateral security such as land or building, equivalent to loan amount accepted as security collateral
- Photocopies of all certificates from previous examinations (SSC onwards)
- A certificate from the College/University authorities stating that the student is continuing education, should be submitted every year.
|Description of Charges||Dhanlaxmi Bank||Comments|
|Loan Processing Charges||Nil|
|No Due Certificate / No Objection Certificate (NOC)||Rs. 250/-|
|Duplicate no due certificate / NOC||Rs. 250/-|
|Capability Certificate||Rs. 250/-||Applicable to studies abroad|
|Charges for late payment of EMI||@ 24 % p.a on amount outstanding from date of default|
|Stamp Duty & other statutory charges||As per applicable laws of the state|
|Cheque swapping charges||Rs 500/- per event|
|Loan Re-booking charges / Re-scheduling charges||Not applicable|
|Loan cancellation charges||Not applicable|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||Rs. 500/- Per Cheque|
|Legal / incidental charges||At actual|