Download DELHI VAT Form DVAT 42: Application for Determination of Specific Question under Delhi Value Added Tax Act
DELHI VAT Rule 58 Determination of specific questions
(1) Any person desiring that a question be determined by the Commissioner pursuant to section 84, shall furnish a concise statement of the case in form DVAT-42 stating therein precisely the question to be determined, and indicating clearly the basis for the question. Where the person applying for the determination so desires, the statement may separately include a draft ruling for the Commissioner’s consideration and shall be accompanied by a demand draft in favour of “The Commissioner Delhi Value Added Tax” for the amount of the fee as prescribed in Annexure 1 to these rules.
(2) The statement of the case referred to in sub-rule (l) shall contain a declaration that the question submitted for determination of the Commissioner does not arise from any order passed under the Act or under the Delhi Sales Tax Act, 1975 (43 of 1975), or the Delhi Sales Tax on Works Contract Act, 1999 (Delhi Act 9 of 1999), or the Delhi Sales Tax on Right to Use Goods Act, 2002 (Delhi Act 13 of 2002), which were in force before the commencement of the Act and shall be signed by the person or his agent.
(3) The Commissioner, after considering all the relevant material produced before him in this connection, shall determine the question or questions referred to him.
(4) The decision of the Commissioner shall be prepared and notified to the applicant in writing.
(5) An order determining the questions shall be made by the Commissioner within a period of six months from the date of submission of the question, failing which, the provision of subsection
(6) of section 84 shall apply.
Department of Trade and Taxes
Government of NCT of Delhi
Form DVAT 42
[See Rule 58]