Download DELHI VAT Form DVAT 24A: Notice of assessment of penalty
DELHI VAT Rule 36 Assessment of tax, interest or imposition of penalty
(1) Where the Commissioner makes a default assessment of tax under section 32, he shall record the order in Form DVAT-24 and such notice of assessment shall be served on the dealer in the manner prescribed in rule 62.
(2) Where the Commissioner makes an assessment of penalty under section 33, he shall record the order in Form DVAT-24A and such notice of assessment of penalty shall be served on the dealer in the manner prescribed in rule 62.
(3) The Commissioner shall, at the time of making an assessment under section 32, calculate the interest payable under sub-section (2) of section 42 for the period commencing from the date of such default for so long as the dealer continues to make default in payment of the amount tax, penalty or other amount due under the Act.
(4) The amount of interest payable under the preceding sub-rule, shall be included in the notice of assessment in Form DVAT 24.
(5) At the time of issue of the recovery certificate, the Commissioner shall calculate the interest payable under sub-section (2) of section 42 for the period from the date of default till the date of issue of recovery certificate and the amount shall be indicated separately in the recovery certificate.
Explanation.- For the purpose of this rule, “the date of the recovery certificate” shall mean the date on which the said certificate is signed and dated by the appropriate authority irrespective of the date on which it is issued to the Collector or the certificate-debtor.
Department of Trade and Taxes
Government of NCT of Delhi
Form DVAT 24A
[See Rule 36]