Download DELHI VAT Form DVAT 22: Refund order
DELHI VAT Rule 34 Refund of excess payment
(1) A claim for refund of tax, penalty or interest paid in excess of the amount due under the Act (except claimed in the return) shall be made in Form DVAT-21, stating fully and in detail the grounds upon which the claim is being made.
(2) Only such claim shall be made in Form DVAT-21 that has not already been claimed in any previous return. A claim for refund made in Form DVAT-21 shall not be again included in the return for any tax period.
(3) The Commissioner may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, issue notice to any person claiming refund to furnish security under sub-section (5) of section 38 in Form DVAT 21A, of an amount not exceeding the amount of refund claimed, specifying therein the reasons for prescribing the security.
(4) Where the refund is arising out of a judgment of a Court or an order of an authority under the Act, the person claiming the refund shall attach with Form DVAT-21 a certified copy of such judgment or order.
(5) When the Commissioner is satisfied that a refund is admissible, he shall determine the amount of the refund due and record an order in Form DVAT-22 sanctioning the refund and recording the calculation used in determining the amount of refund ordered (including adjustment of any other amount due as provided in sub-section (2) of section 38).
(5A) The order for withholding of refund/furnishing security under section 39 shall be issued in Form DVAT-22A.
(6) Where a refund order is issued under sub-rule (5), the Commissioner shall, simultaneously, record and include in the order any amount of interest payable under sub-section (1) of section 42 for any period for which interest is payable.
(7) The Commissioner shall forthwith serve on the person in the manner prescribed in rule 62, a cheque for the amount of tax, interest, penalty or other amount to be refunded along with the refund order in Form DVAT-22.
PROVIDED that the Commissioner may transfer the amount of refund through Electronic Clearance System (ECS) in the bank account of the dealer.
(8) No refund shall be allowed to a person who has not filed return and has not paid any amount due under the Act or an order under section 39 is passed withholding the said refund.
(9) Before allowing the claim for refund to a dealer under section 38 of the Act, the authority concerned shall satisfy himself that the conditions laid down in clause (g) of sub-section (2) of section 9 of the Act are fulfilled.
Department of Trade and Taxes
Government of NCT of Delhi
Form DVAT 22
[See Rule 34]