Download DELHI VAT Form DVAT 13: Application for return, release or discharge of security
DELHI VAT Rule 24 Safe-keeping, retention and return of security
(1) Post Office Savings Bank pass books, deposit receipts of banks, security bonds and agreements, promissory notes or stock certificates tendered as security shall be kept in safe custody by the Commissioner or an officer nominated by him in this behalf.
(2) Security tendered in any form shall be retained until the Commissioner orders that there is no further necessity for keeping it.
(3) Where a person has ceased to be a dealer or undertakes any other activity for which 4 security under the Act might not be required, the person may apply for the return, release or
discharge of the security in Form DVAT-13.
(4) A person may object in the manner provided in section 74 if the Commissioner has failed [within six months] to return, release or discharge the security:
PROVIDED that, where the person has sought a refund in cash pursuant to section 38 at any time, the person shall not request the Commissioner to return, release or discharge the security on or before 30th November of the year succeeding the year which includes the tax period in respect of which the refund is claimed.
(5) No security shall be returned, released or discharged to the person or otherwise disposed of except in accordance with the terms of the security bond or agreement and while returning, releasing or discharging the security to the person, unless the person entitled to the security gives an acknowledgment duly signed and witnessed setting forth therein the full particulars of the security released, returned or discharged.
Department of Trade and Taxes
Government of NCT of Delhi
Form DVAT 13
[See Rule 24]
Application for return, release or discharge of security