Download UP Vat Form – IV
Download UP VAT FORM – IV: Information regarding discontinuation of business
As per up vat Rule 16 Intimation by a dealer regarding Discontinuance of business
(1) A dealer referred to in sub-section (5) of section 3, shall, within thirty days of discontinuance of business intimate to his assessing authority in Form IV.
(2) If the assessing authority is satisfied that information furnished in the application is correct, he shall cancel the registration certificate under sub-section (11) of section 17 of the Act and shall inform the dealer accordingly
Section 5 Levy of Tax on turnover of purchase
(1) Every dealer, who, in the course of business, makes purchase of any taxable –
(i) goods other than non-vat goods from a person other than a registered dealer; or
(ii) non-vat goods, the earlier sale or purchase of which has not suffered levy of tax either under the provisions of the erstwhile Act or under the provisions of this Act,(w.e.f.01.01.2008) shall be liable to pay tax levied on the turnover of purchase of such taxable goods except non-vat goods or turnover of purchase of non-vat goods or both, as the case may be. (w.e.f.01.01.2008)
(2) Tax on the turnover of purchase of taxable goods referred to in clause (i) or clause (ii) of subsection
(1) shall be levied at the same rate at which turnover of sale of such goods is liable to tax in accordance with the provisions of section 4.